Monday, December 29, 2008

We buried Caleb today, it's the hardest thing to shut that casket and know you'll never see his body until we get to Heaven.  Zachary played the piano beautifully for Caleb, and Pastor Ed Visscher did a awesome job with the message.  Pastor Andre and our son in law, Heath Meyer did a great job with the video.   I'm so glad we have the assurance we will be with Caleb again someday, until then I'm sure our family will have alot of ups and downs, while our lifestyle changes and life continues, but God is with us. Thanks for everyone who have been there for us in the last few days.

4 comments:

Janna said...

Carla,

I wish to have had more time with you today. The moments of our eye contact did speak volumes. You, Curt, Caleb, Ashley and Heath mean so much to me. Zach did do AWESOME today. He was so focused and I was amazed at his peace. I pray that you and Curt find peace. I hope Curt knows how much I love him and the hurting lessens. It breaks my heart to see you two go through the pain of losing him. Thank you for being the best sister ever. Love you all. Janna

Brandon, Lisa, Abbie, and Bryce said...

Hey you all. What a beautiful "celebration" service. Pastor Ed was so right, Caleb is free of his body that was restricting him his whole life. What a blessing to know that he is actually walking - well probably running because he can, the streets of gold! He's probably talking a mile a minute and making up for what he couldn't do on earth! I wonder what he can be saying up there and I'm sure he's giving Josh an earful :)! It was so hard to see him leave the church, but we can't be selfish and God calls His children home according to His purpose. Brandon and I love you all so much, that words just can not explain! With God's help, Brandon and I will always be there for you all whenever you need us and we will NEVER let you fall!

Shelly said...

Praying for you! What an amazing testimony you are! Thank you!

Anonymous said...

Carla...
I think of you all daily.
It sounds like it was a beautiful service; I am sorry to have missed it (Allison had surgery that day). Please know I'm keeping you all very close to my heart and in my prayers...
Paula